Working as decorator when trying to give your home a brand new feel and atmosphere could be a very challenging task when you have virtually no idea where to start. With that, here are some home decorating tips and tricks that you should keep in mind.
Create a New Swatch Board
Ditch the old ideas that you used before and collect new images, inspirations, and concepts to render your place. Take out recent issues of interior design or architectural magazines and cut out the images that you find interesting. Choose remarkable materials for fabrics, floor finishes, walls, and table covers.
Try to build appealing combinations as you create your swatch board. Analogous colors such green, yellow, and yellow green would be fine if you want to induce a humble atmosphere to your area. Mid-neutrals and neutrals such as beige, metallic materials, cool gray, and white would look great if you want to keep it minimalist. Complementary combinations such as red and green would build an attention-grabbing design.
Always bring the swatch board you created when buying your decorating materials. This way, it would be easy to pin-point to store attendants the things that you want.
Reinvent Your Old Furniture Piece
Meanwhile, you do not necessarily need to buy new furniture pieces to redecorate your home. In particular, you may just simply want to reinvent your old furniture pieces by assigning a new function to them or by plainly repainting them.
For instance, an old and bare-looking wooden furniture may adapt a more vibrant look when repainted with white or black. Typical ceramic vases may also be reinvented by adding luminescent materials or glittery materials to it.
For best results, you may also opt to consult a professional decorator. Architects and interior designers could definitely help you in looking for effective and interesting design solutions. A professional decorator could also give you the best techniques to maintain th
For adopting a healthy lifestyle, the surroundings you live in, especially your drains need to be clean and systematically running. A build-up of hair is the most common cause of blockage in the bathroom sink. In kitchen sinks a similar problem is posed by fatty substances that accumulate on the inside of pipes clogging the pipe.
Let us have a look at some of the best methods of unblocking a drain:
– Employ a plunger upstroke or downstroke: Plunging down will increase pressure and force the clog down the drain. You can then collect it at the bottom of the sink.
Tools like drainage rods can also be used in identifying the place where blockage is present (do wear gloves for protection from bacteria possibly present in the drain). Try to dislodge the blockage from the blocked pipe and flush with hot water for 5 minutes to remove any leftover debris.
– Caustic Soda and other chemicals: Chemical Cleaners are substances when poured into the blocked area, would liquefy the grease and the other substances which cause the damage. Odor if any is also removed by them. You may consider using boiling caustic as it works quicker than cold caustic. Other chemicals like sulfuric acid and hydrochloric acid can also be employed.
Remember to read the instructions given while using these chemical cleaners, not just for health and safety reasons, but because different chemical cleaners are designed for different types of a blocked drains.
– Salt, Baking Soda, and Boiling Water: First prepare a 50:50 mixture of table salt and baking soda. Pour this mixture in the blocked sink. Next, pour hot water (which melts the fat blockages). The most nastiest of blockages get removed via this method.
– Vinegar and Baking Soda: The explosive chemical reaction between baking soda and vinegar is employed in this method.
- Start by pouring hot water through your blocked pipe.
- Now using a measuring cup, release 1/2 cup of dry baking soda.
- It is time to pour 1 cup of vinegar mixed with 1 cup of hot water (for utilizing the fizzing action of the reaction).
- All the gunk, hair and grime built up in the pipe will be removed. Now let it sit for an hour.
- Flush once more with hot more in order to remove any leftover grimy sludge.
After inspection and identification of the drain where the blockage has occurred, the aforementioned methods can be employed to unblock the most stubborn blockages.